wait for 1.2 seconds with messages -- twice hangs

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Apr 6 15:35:29 EDT 2004

On Friday, April 2, 2004, at 08:15 PM, Steven Zins wrote:

> Speculation: "wait for N seconds with messages" allows other handlers
> to respond to messages but does not allow a handler to resume after a
> wait.

Many of us have had to do the same test when we first tried to do
several things at once with Revolution.

This is not a multi-"threading" situation in which execution can switch
back and forth between handlers.  Your test2 is started in the wait in
test1 but does not return and thus test1 cannot continue; its wait does
not complete.

I rarely use wait with messages and then only for a single big task I
have trouble breaking up with 'send'.

In most cases, I use 'send'.  See my Message Mechanics Primer at my web
site on using that for "multi-tasking" types of situations.  You can
make your apps walk and chew gum at the same time.

Dar Scott