Hello from a Filemaker renegade

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Tue Apr 6 13:59:55 EDT 2004

Hello Norman !

Take all the responses you got there together and just gohead ! In
about "n-tier" apps, on both the client and server sides, Rev can feet
all what we can need in about CGI, critical-state Web applications
servers, ERP or Media streaming solutions. At this point, my below
proposal is probably off-topic but, else, don't hesite to ask for more
if you want to serve datas over the internet in setting up an
Apache+Revolution+PostgreSQL server-sided solution.

Be welcome and have fun :)

Best, Pierre

Le 6 avr. 04, à 10:57, Chipp Walters a écrit :

--snip--

> Each programmer has his/her own style. Some chose to use the integral
> database features of RR (the cards, fields, etc..as in the old
> HyperCard product). Others choose to hook up directly to MySQL or
> other ODBC DB via built in connectors. I believe there's even a
> SQLlite connector being written. Then there are those (like myself)
> who prefer a multi-tier approach. All approaches are valid and it's
> amazing what people can do. In fact, one individual here (Rob Cozens)
> has even built a 'SQL-like' DB inside of Rev. It's free -- like many
> resources are in this community.
>
> Frankly, I haven't come across anything I can't do with this program.
> I built a pretty cool button generator you can download if you like at
> www.buttongadget.com. It's all coded in native transcript, so you can
> get an idea of some of the possibilities of the product.
>
> Good luck and hope to see you around :-)
>
> best,
>
> Chipp Walters, Aluit,inc

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores (at) easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"