Basic Stack/Card Question

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Apr 5 15:14:51 EDT 2004

Hi David,

> Hi,
>
> Ahhh, thanks I hadn't spotted these Menu Commands!
> Actually I can't seem to get the "Place" command to High Light.

This will be available when on a card where the goup is not placed
yet...

> I just copied and pasted the Group from one stack into another

"place"-ing a group on another card is ONLY available in the SAME stack!

> and it now appears on all cards I create, is this because the "Behave
> like a Background" Checkbox is on?

Yes

> If it were off, would I have to use the Place Command?

Yes

You got it :-)

And all that can also be done by script:
Hint: I use a lot of shortcuts like bg for background etc...
...just too lazy :-)

place bg "name of group here" onto cd "name of card here"
remove bg "name of group here" from cd "name of card here"

Why do i use "bg" here instead of "grp" (for group), you might ask...?
Well, "goups" are counted relative to cards and "backgrounds" relative
to stacks!?

It is a little confusing first, but i try to explain it
"understandably" :-)

Basically goups and backgrounds are the same!

You have 2 different groups "A" and "B" in your stack...
And you are on a card where only one group "A" is placed...

Here you can:
hide group "A" -> will work

But:
hide grp "B" will create an error -> can't find background or
something...

But 2 :-)
On the same card you can:
show bg "A" -> will work

And:
hide bg "B" -> not on this card, but will hide the group (!) "B",
wherever it is...

Another example:
put the number of groups
-> will return the number of all groups on the current card...

put the num of bgs
-> will return the number of ALL groups in the current stack...

Hope that helps...

> Cheers
> Dave

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
www.major-k.de

P.S.
To add a tiny bit of confusion:
This has nothing to do with "backgroundbehaviour", which is just
a property of groups/backgrounds :-D

If in doubt, just use "bg" ;-)