Basic Stack/Card Question

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Apr 5 13:53:47 EDT 2004

Hi,

>Look at the idea of a shared group containing the constCtrln.  Place
>that group on each of the tab.  See 'place' in the Transcript
>dictionary.

Thanks this works, I implemented it like this:

In the Stack Script, I added the lines:

on preOpenStack
place background GroupConstant on card CardTab2
place background GroupConstant on card CardTab3
end preOpenStack

The "GroupConstant" group is defined on CardTab1 (The first card).

In the Object Script for "GroupConstant" I added:

on menuPick theNewTab theOldTab
switch theNewTab
case "Tab 1"
go card CardTab1
break

case "Tab 2"
go card CardTab2
break

case "Tab 3"
go card CardTab3
break

end menuPick

This all works fine, the problem I have now is that when I re-run the
Stack, I get an error since the group is already included in Cards
"CardTab1" and "CardTab2". How to do I supress this?

Thanks a lot for your help
Dave