Getting a field name

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Apr 4 12:05:29 EDT 2004

>Message: 10
>Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 08:48:25 -0600
>From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
>Subject: Re: Getting a field name
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

>On Saturday, April 3, 2004, at 08:35 PM, Dar Scott wrote:
>
>>  A front script mouseUp handler can check that.
>
>If your fields are all derived from one, it might be easier to put the
>special mode check in the mouse handlers of the script of that one
>instead of using a front script.
>
>Dar Scott

Dar,

I'm not sure I follow. My palette stack is a utility (plugin) which I
call out whenever I want to introduce links in an application stack

--see: From the message box: go url
"http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/PointerPalette.rev" The button
which accomplishes this is titled: "Get stack and field names"

Once the plugin has done its work, by selecting the text links and
the objects to which the pointer should point, (a hand with a
pointing finger-eight left or right) the application stack stands
alone. I wouldn't want to put scripts into the application stack
except those necessary to handle the links. But I may be missing your
point altogether.

This issue to being able to select the application stack and field
names from a button in the plugin is a frill which make the plugin
just a little easier to apply.

Jim