delete url calls url

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Apr 4 10:34:26 EDT 2004

On Apr 4, 2004, at 6:54 AM, Brian Yennie wrote:

> I'm guessing what you are finding confusing is you don't want to
> "delete" over http protocol.
> What are you actually trying to delete? The CGI file itself? If so, I
> think you want FTP, not HTTP. Or, if it's local, plain ol' FILE.
>
> I suppose there _is_ a delete request method for HTTP, but that would
> still rely on your CGI script to do the actual deleting and/or
> dangerous server permissions...
>
> HTH,
> Brian

I think that delete url is supposed to send the DELETE method on an
HTTP request, like GET, POST and PUT. You can check a nice page called
'http made easy' just google for it, it will have plenty info on http
methods, delete is not used very much but sometimes it's implemented
for custom cgi behaviour, for example ATOM Blogging API will have and
endpoint (the cgi) which is /blogs/post, if you POST something a new
entry is added, if you GET you will receive the post list with all
entries, if you DELETE you will delete some post. Thats pretty cool for
you can make your CGI more elegant and simple.

Cheers
Andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004