Question about Linux Builder Requirements

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Sat Apr 3 11:29:39 EST 2004

Hi,

thanks to Pierre for the reply.

Unfortunately I am still waiting for support from RunRev - all I need
are the exact specifications, under which circumstances the advertised
"Linux standalone building" will work. I am sure one CAN build "Linux
standalones", but they will only run within specific installations - and
I need to know which specs have to be met.
I can not ask customers to change their (working) desktop environment to
"accidently" find a configuration that lets a Revolution application
start. Usually an "application builder" asks the developer which
libraries to link against, because there are too many different
"flavors" of "Linux" on the market, one cannot build a "one fits all"
standalone, so this - again - is no "rant" on RunRev, it is simply an
inquiry for assistance, where the "documentation" lacks.

I wondered if someone else on this list has run into problems creating
standalones for Linux (outside his/her own Linux dev box) and how
he/she/it solved the problems. Linux is said to be a "supported
platform", so I think it should be clear, WHAT LINUX is meant by that line.

Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / level-2
Glinder Str. 2
27432 Ebersdorf