external program interface on windows

Springer, Paul paul.springer at sensis.com
Fri Apr 2 08:50:11 EST 2004

Hello,

I need to find out about interfacing to non-RR programs on a Windows
machine. There are programs running I need to get data from, and I can add a
function to them to provide the data, but I don't know if I can call it from
RR. I suppose I could write the data periodically to a file and read it with
RR, but that is a little messy and I would need to single thread the file
access somehow (all of my previous experience is on Unix, not Windows, so
this is all new to me). I could go through a database manager like MySQL,
but that is overkill for what I want.

I can't find much on this topic in the RR documentation or in Dan's book.
Can anyone tell me where to look for instructions or examples? Thanks.

-Paul