News: Retrolution 4 Released

Rod McCall rodmc at runrev.com
Thu Apr 1 11:58:52 EST 2004

> I just downloaded the demo-kit and it works like a charm on my
> 5 old Ataris ST resp. "Seattle Computer Gazelle"...

The Gazelle is for real! While doing some routing around on the net for
our new platforms (with silly names)  I came across that, the
Australian Microbee from Honeysoft and a few other oddly named
computers. The Gazelle was apparently the machine which featured a
version of DOS, the same version which the owner then sold to Microsoft
and which went on to become the rather uncommon MS-DOS. I bet the owner
of Seattle Computer kicked himself shortly afterwards. Much like the
guy who from Digital Research who went to play golf rather than meet
with executives from IBM when they were looking to buy an operating
system.

If anyone is interested in a 'new' retro computer I gather a Dutch
company called Tulip owns the rights to the C64 and plans to start
making it again.

It's amazing the amount of useful information you can find on the
internet :-)

Cheers,

Rod