Optionkey always returns "up"

Jan Decroos jan.decroos at groepvanroey.be
Thu Apr 1 10:35:26 EST 2004

>> Hi All
>>
>> It happens from time to time one of our users can't use "the optionKey" as a
>> modifier anymore.  It returns (after a while) always "up".  We currently
>don't
>> know what's the reason of this : is it Revolution, is it the Finder, is it
>> AppleShare, is it a kernel extension, ... ??
>>
>> The user has to logout (in the Finder) to have the optionKey available again.
>> Quitting the application isn't enough.
>
>mcdomi at free.fr wrote :

>It is a bug in Mac OS X
>Its originating is not clear -- the only solution is to reboot

Thomas, David, Dom, and All,

*Without* changing the keyboard (Pieces of dried fruit, problems with certain
keys, ...) the problem is solved after logged out.

I got it again today on a certain Mac, and before logging out the user, I
started MSWord, and tried the short cut "option-command-m" for format the
paragraph, and this works !!!  So the optionKey seems me disabled *only* in
Revolution !!

So, a bug in Mac OS X seems me a little bit strange...

Regards,
Jan