Distribution Builder strangeness

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 16:58:00 EDT 2003

I have been developing (using RR2.1) on a Windows XP machine, and I
need the queryRegistry function - to get this I found that I had to
include 'all others' in the build.

When I did the build on the Windows machine, the folder with the .exe
file also contained two .dlls. One was videograbber, I think, and I
can't remember what the other one was... anyway I binned these and it
didn't make any difference to the app in this particular case.

I am now developing on a Mac (OS9) but still building for Windows,
and the .dlls are apparently not in the build - can anyone explain
this? As I don't need them,  it isn't bothering me at the moment, but
I can imagine that this difference in builds could cause real trouble
in the future.

Graham

PS is anyone apart from me annoyed by the fact that Command-Q doesn't
quit the distribution builder on the Mac, despite the menu saying it
does? It seems too trivial to bugzilla, but I hope it gets cleaned up
one day.