Unicode and Chunks

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Sep 29 22:17:01 EDT 2003

On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 08:04  PM, Dean Snyder wrote:

> Trevor DeVore wrote at 8:12 AM on Monday, September 29, 2003:
>
>> Chunk expressions don't work correctly with unicode text right now
>> though I believe it is being worked on.  You have to write your own
>> chunk handlers for use with  unicode text.  Take a look at the sample
>> stack "Unicode text manipulation examples" at
>> <http://runrev.com/Revolution1/developercentral/
>> usercontributions.html>
>> which shows some examples of getting lines in a field, etc.
>
> Yes, but this won't take care of displaying Unicode text properly in
> table fields - the columns get all confused by the spurious tabs.
>
> We'll just have to wait for a fix for this.

I don't know how you are getting the data you are using but I have
created fields with tabs & unicode that display properly in tables.
Doing something like:

put uniEncode (tNewMovieName & tab & pMoviePath), "UTF16") into tNewLine
set unicodeText of field "Myfield" to tNewLine

works in most cases.  You would have to change the encoding depending
on the language.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia