flashing window when changing stack window properties

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Sep 29 15:18:00 EDT 2003

This script segment causes the window to flash.

   lock screen
   set the resizable of me to true
   set the width of me to 310
   set the height of me to 270
   set the cantModify of me to false
   set the style of me to "topLevel"
   set the decorations of me to "default"
   unlock screen

The flashing even happens in preOpenStack, which surprises me since the
Transcript dictionary says it is executed before the stack window
appears.

This also happens with with several variations of the above script.
(Also the stack name shows up momentarily on the title bar even though
there is a label in at least one variation.)

I saw workaround advice from Sarah back in April that suggested the
changes can be made while the stack is invisible.  I will try this.
Yet, because of the flashing I suspect I might be doing something wrong.

What is happening?  How do I get around this?

Dar Scott