Saving encrypted customProperties outside the app?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Sep 27 15:12:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday, September 27, 2003, at 01:22  PM, Mark Brownell wrote:
>  So money might act like an energy booster.

But is it drinkable? ;-)

>  I've heard of burn out after about five years, I hope this isn't
> that. Anyone have or had experience with this or read an article
> regarding these kind of issues?

I would ask myself:

Is it your project, or someone else's?
Are you genuinely interested in the product, or just a worker bee?
Do you have managers setting up ridiculous milestones and deadlines?
Do you have managers working you 10 or more hours per day?

If the answers are: someone else's, no, yes, yes, then it's probably
burn out.

Otherwise it's not so bad. I recommend long walk- good meal- sleep -
then repeat after me "Thank [insert deity here] that I am not
programming in C".

There are some good personal productivity articles here
<http://www.dexterity.com/articles/>. However the author seems to have
superhuman amounts of optimism and operates in a different dimension
that has a surplus of time.

Hackers and Painters is an interesting one too
<http://www.paulgraham.com/hp.html>

If it's more an organizational problem than motivational then maybe do
some UML and/or Use-Case modeling, print the diagrams out, then forget
about them until the details start to overcome you.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com