Localisation woes...Mac Os X Menubars

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Sat Sep 27 07:04:00 EDT 2003

Moin Klaus,

>I also found that adding a (empty in my case) "German.lproj" folder to
>the resources
>will add even more trouble to that topic...
What kind of trouble?

>***Adding an empty "German.lproj" folder just will translate "Quit
>Revolution" to
>"Revolution beenden" and the name of the "Help" menu to "Hilfe"...
>Will work with any supported language on X, i think...
>No full translation, but its a start ;-)
Well that´s what I hoped it would do, BUT:
If you add an additional french.lproj folder, it´ll be frech in any way
regardless of the chosen system language. :-(

>Probably does not help much, but "solidarité" :-)

Danke!
Maybe I must live with an half-hearted translation of the app. I thought
about renaming the folders at runtime to xxx.nonactive, so that the menus
will show correct on next startup, but this will only work if the user has
Admin rights if the application is in the programs folder...

*hmmmmm*

Schönes Wochenende!

Malte