Using Valentina Locally, Switching to MySQL on Server

Tuviah Snyder tuviah at runrev.com
Sat Sep 27 04:23:00 EDT 2003

>Agreed. Else, in taking care about the details : as generic as possible
>ANSI SQL statements, casual management of the access to both the local
>(even CD hosted) and/or networked datasources, usage of Valentina Server
>or PostgreSQL instead of MySQL to get the best SQL statements
Right best to use generic SQL where ever possible. You can also use
revdb_dbtype to find out what database a connection is connected to, which
can be useful for special casing SQL statements for a particular database.
Visit developers contributions and download a sample of the software
database developed originally by Ken Ray for Access, and modified by me to
work with all databases.

>wow, is someone working on a SQLite external???
We are looking into this, as well as supporting additional databases.

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought