Using Valentina Locally, Switching to MySQL on Server`

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat Sep 27 01:27:00 EDT 2003

Le sam 27/09/2003 à 05:34, Ken Ray a écrit :
> Dan, just curious... why start with Valentina and switch to MySQL
> instead of using Valentina Server? I know it's in beta right now, but
> I've been using it for awhile and it seems to work quite well for me and
> my client. It's not as robust as MySQL, but it is multi-user, has locked
> records, etc. and wouldn't require switching from one DB to another.
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
> Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Hi Dan, Ken, List,

Agreed. Else, in taking care about the details : as generic as possible
ANSI SQL statements, casual management of the access to both the local
(even CD hosted) and/or networked datasources, usage of Valentina Server
or PostgreSQL instead of MySQL to get the best SQL statements
compatibility between the two kind of datasources..., it will, for sure,
be ways to build great and usefull local/networked online updatables
multimedia and ebooks encyclopedia solutions.

Bests, Pierre