Installing Lindows?

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Fri Sep 26 12:50:01 EDT 2003

Okay, the boot CD does boot but how does one actually install it?
Whatever resources are on the CD simply lock up the "My Computer"
window as well as the "File Manager" app. At this point, Lindows an
amusing party trick but if I can't install it and see how it runs from
a HD, it's not a very effective sales tool.

BTW, the .iso image is an older build (4.0.471); 4.0.58...something is
the latest. Not meaning to be too harsh but were we given the
equivalent of an AOL CD?

Chipp, please feel free to pass along my comments to the Lindows folks.
I'd love to try it and even try building an app for it but I'm dead in
the water right now.

One other question: I saw a comment here on the list about how a *nix
distribution requires some sort of additional "build, etc." once it's
sitting on a user's HD. Does this mean that it would require a user to
possess *nix knowledge to install an app I build in Rev beyond
"double-click this installer" or "drag this to your hard drive"?
Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"

Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements,
Custom Programming for Mac/Windows/Linux/Solaris

On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer

Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at macosx.com