Getting Taskbar/Dock height and position on screen?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 11:06:00 EDT 2003

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:21:11 -0600, Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com>
At 10:35 -0400 26/9/03, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

>I'm looking for ways to get the Dock/Taskbar height and position on the
>screen.  I need them so I can set an app window to the full screen
>without covering these two items up.
>
>It seems that there should be an entry in the Windows Registry for the
>taskbar height and position on the screen.  I have poked around in the
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer are but found
>nothing.  Searches on google haven't turned up anything either.
>
>As for the Dock, I found the .plist that stores info on it at:
>/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/
>DockMenus.plist but didn't see anything which stated what it's current
>settings were.

Trevor, I think the default WindowBoundingRect will sort this out for
you, but not when the IDE is present (the IDE gets to it before your
code can). See useful stuff from Ken Ray and others (including what
to query in the Registry) under the subject 'Leaving room for the
title bar' on the list in the last few days. I think you'll find the
TaskBar is also taken into account.

HTH

Graham