Lindows...

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Fri Sep 26 06:34:00 EDT 2003

Hello Chipp, List,

As a long user of Linux as both a development platform and a web/erp's
over internet services hosting platform, it seem me that some main
distro are mostly dedicated to build great, powerfull and secure servers
solutions (internet/intranet/extranet/VPN/ERP,...).

About server stuffs, i always used, with great satisfaction, Suse
distros (6.3 to 8.2) and never had troubbles or difficulties --> i will
continue to use Suse or ReadHat distros in about server solutions.

On the other hand, we really need a destktop dedicated distro to become
able to say to "Windows" users people : "come on ! Try MacOSX,
Lindows,... : it will let you discover the power of unixes and it's
exactly as simple as Win98SE is and it works better, faster than
WinXP...

Because Suse or Readhat are mainly getting incomes from the server's
dedicated solutions, they are not really interested in building (and
maintaining !) Desktop's distros over years --> one time, Suse is
available under the PPC platform, as a Desktop box solution, one time no
more...

If there are people to build great Desktop's dedicated solutions, this
will be good too (even if we have to pay a little to get a fine product
instead of spending weeks to adapt a full free distro to each of our
boxes...) and it's why i just want to thank Chipp, to point us in about
testing the "Lindows" distro. I got it and i will test it as soon as
possible.

Just one more word to add and say again and again... that, our lovely RR
is exactly the RAD/XTalk that the Linux developpers community need to
discover...

Thanks again, Chipp :-)

Bests to All, Pierre