Sheet woes...

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 04:02:01 EDT 2003

--- Dom <mcdomi at free.fr> wrote:
> dom <dominique at alussinan.org> wrote:
>
> > Sure, I have to rewrite this preopentack
> handler...
> >
> > How to make it understand I didn't really leave
> the stack, but only
> > opened a substack???
> >
> > IMHO, that's a curious behaving...
>
> AHEM!
>
> I simply forgot to trap the offending handler ;-)))
> Now, there is a
>
> on preopenstack
> end preopenstack
>
> in the substack (sheet stack) script...

Hi Dom,

Glad you found the cause ; however, you'll see this
problem occur in every substack (until you trap
'preOpenStack')
That's why it's common practice to move the
'preOpenStack' and 'openStack' handlers for the
mainStack, out of the message path, into the script of
the first card of that stack.
This way, these handlers are only executed when you
really go to the first card of the mainStack, not
whenever you open a substack as well.

Hope this clarified it a bit,

Jan Schenkel.

=====