imported images smaller than 9 pixels sq

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Sep 25 09:18:01 EDT 2003

> No need to bugzilla this ; it is caused by a
> 'newImage' handler higher up the message path, which
> will automatically apply the default object size from
> the preferences, if an image is smaller than 9x9
> pixels.
> So the easiest way to work around this feature, is to
> trap the 'newImage' message yourself and not 'pass'
> it.

I don't know about this, Jan. This is an example of the IDE getting "in
the way" for our projects, and there should be a way to have our cake
and eat it too. For example, if the preferences applied only when you
created object with the tool palette and not from script, we would have
the best of both worlds. So I think it's worthy of being "bugged" (but
certainly has a low severity).

Just my $0.02,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software