creating a Unicode (UTF-8) file using open/write/close file

Tuviah Snyder tuviah at runrev.com
Thu Sep 25 00:30:00 EDT 2003

>I was wondering if uniDecode or uniEncode would apply since a language
>choice included "UTF8".  However, since the dictionary description
>described the result as "single-byte text", I thought not.  I read
>"single-byte text" as one byte per character; UTF-8 is one to four
>bytes per character.
Sounds like a documentation bug. Uniencode converts the specified format to
unicode, and unidecode converts unicode to the specified format. A common
question is how to convert latin extended characters to UTF8. You would have
to do something like

put unidecode(uniencode(somelatintext),"utf8")

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited - Software at the Speed of Thought