creating a Unicode (UTF-8) file using open/write/close file

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Sep 24 21:44:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 07:56 PM, Kenji Kojima wrote:

> I got an idea from Japanese mailing list just before.
> It works for UTF8.

I was wondering if uniDecode or uniEncode would apply since a language
choice included "UTF8".  However, since the dictionary description
described the result as "single-byte text", I thought not.  I read
"single-byte text" as one byte per character; UTF-8 is one to four
bytes per character.

Dar Scott