creating a Unicode (UTF-8) file using open/write/close file

Kenji Kojima index at kenjikojima.com
Wed Sep 24 21:08:00 EDT 2003

> Rev unicode field has a line break trouble.
> You can not save as UTF8 without garbage text.
> You can see the correct text only the first line and may see some
> others.
>
> Before you have to fix it by something that I don't know.

I got an idea from Japanese mailing list just before.
It works for UTF8.

   put number of lines of fld 1 into tNum
   repeat with i=1 to tNum
     put uniDecode(line i of fld 1, "UTF8") & return after tFld
   end repeat
   put tFld into URL "file:testUTF8.txt"

  Hope not only japanese text and only version 2.1.

--
Kenji Kojima
http://www.kenjikojima.com/