script editor error that drives me insane

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Sep 24 14:19:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003, at 12:08 PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> I've seen this error many times in various different projects- it's
> just a transient aspect of using script editor, it seems. What is
> going on here? I've looked for all opening parens and verified they
> all match closing parens. What's stranger, the script *does* seem to
> be getting compiled, at least partially.

I get strange compiler errors at times.  Sometimes they go away after a
few applies.  If not, I get rid of all the trailing "blank" lines.  If
that doesn't do it, I retype the offending line.  Sometimes this occurs
after an execution error.

I think this shows up in two or three of reported bugs.

I'm on OS X and I'm using 2.1.  I think Revolution 2.1 for OS X is a
debug build; maybe that affects error handling.  Or maybe it is just
the IDE error handling.

Dar Scott

     Dar Scott Consulting
     http://www.swcp.com/dsc/