"Is A Date" Question

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 24 13:38:01 EDT 2003

From: mcdomi at free.fr (Dom)

 > I go with a question about "is a date" problem.

 > As my stack goes with customized date format, I want to insure that the
 > user (me, for instance) entered a valid date...

 > I may be wrong, but it seems that the question " is a date" is true ONLY
 > with the standard US-english date format, i.e.

The "Is A Date" problem has been around since HyperCard...

In one app we developed, the date was crucial, so we force the user to
choose from three pop btns: "Month", "Day", and "Year".

It's clunky for the user but many users will somehow get it "wrong".

Ray G. Miller
Turtlelips Productions
4009 Everett Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602