proper way to Geo

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 13:12:00 EDT 2003

--- mark <cowhead at mac.com> wrote:
> Well, after much slogging, I finally got this to
> work (knock on wooden
> head) but Im
> wondering if this is the "proper" way.  I used the
> geometry pane to
> nail an object on each card.  But when the stack is
> resized, only the
> current cards geometry is updated so on going to the
> next card,
> everything is wacked.  So I finally got it working
> with the following
> in the stack script:
>
> on preopenCard
>    lock screen
>    revUpdateGeometry
> unlock screen
> end preopenCard
>
> I tried just sending the resizeStack message on
> opencard, but it kept
> generating an error.  On the other hand, my Rev has
> been funky lately,
> so I think she's ready for a reinstall.  But is this
> the proper way to
> handle this?  And why isn't this obvious issue
> covered in the tutorial?
>
> tia,
> mark

Hi Mark,

Trust me, I used to add those lines as well. But in
the Inspector Palette for the card, you can also tick
the checkbox "Update before opening card"
I agree with you this might better be the default
behaviour, but that's an entirely different story, an
you could add it as a change request to bugzilla.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====