infamous If Monks needs beta testers now

Brian Thomas runrev at rivertext.com
Tue Sep 23 06:59:00 EDT 2003

The makers of the legendary If Monks had Macs CD-ROM are looking for
a few good beta testers. We're only looking for beta testers who have
time and are determined to start pounding on this virtual monastery
library right now.

If Monks has survived all the magazines that once reviewed it:

"legendary Š almost defies description"  - MacUser

"a seminal work of hypermedia art" - MacWeek

There is nothing else in Revolution at all like If Monks had Macs.

Several of the folks most familiar to everyone on this list worked on
making this and much improved version of If Monks do Windows in
Revolution:

Richard Gaskin (Fourth World Media Corporation)
Jeanne DeVoto
Tuviah Snyder
Jacqueline Landman Gay

Richard Gaskin wrote 2 sophisticated original applications that
should be of great interest to many here: an e-book reader (that will
also be released separately from If Monks... and free) and a
"threaded" journaling application. The game that Tuviah and
Jacqueline worked on is a good deal of wicked fun and just the thing
to get you in the mood for Halloween.

Jeanne DeVoto scripted several parts of the project and is now
helping me polish it up for publication.

One problem I have is that there is so much to look at in the library
that I really need some folks enough interested in what Revolution
can do that they will pound on the applications and test things
rather than JUST browse enjoy my eclectic worker's guide to Western
Civilization.

Beta testers will, of course, receive the final package of the
longest running project in the history of interactive media.

If you're interested please send your address and a comment about how
much interest and or time you have to pound on Monks in the next two
weeks to:

testing at rivertext.com

and not to the list.

For an overview of the games, art, interactive essays and
applications in If Monks had Macs checkout my Web Site:

http://www.rivertext.com/

-- Brian Thomas