download woes

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Sep 22 10:51:00 EDT 2003

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 09:21  AM, Stephen Messimer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Anyone have any tips about how to download 2.1. I have tried
> downloading the Classic, OSX and Windows versions all to no avail.
> Thinking it might be some sort of Safari related issue I tried IE 5.2
> but that didn't work either.
>
> Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

I just downloaded 2.1 with Safari. No problems. Maybe you have a
proxy/firewall/network problem?

An alternate download technique on os x is: Open terminal.app and type

cd Desktop [RETURN]
curl -O
http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/distributions/2.1/
revolutionosx.dmg [RETURN]

You will see the progress and you will get an error message if
something goes wrong. When it finishes, the file revolutionosx.dmg will
be on your desktop.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com