Leaving room for the title bar

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 07:03:01 EDT 2003

--- Graham Samuel <livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:35:13 -0500, "Ken Ray"
> <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:
> >
> query
> >
> >   HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control
> Panel/Desktop/WindowMetrics/CaptionHeight
> >
> >and take the value there and divide it by 15 and
> get the absoulte value.
> > You can then take that and add 5 pixels to get
> the "true" size (30
> >for the default in this case).
> >

> Ken, this info is like gold dust - thanks so much!
> However I must
> admit I don't know how to do your HKEY query in
> Transcript - I mean,
> I think you've given me a path, but how do I know
> the value of
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER? Sorry to be so ignorant, but
> despite appearances,
> I am also much more Mac- than Windows-based. It's
> just that I'm
> trying to be as faithfully cross-platform as
> possible.

Hi Graham,

The 'queryRegistry' function will figure that one out
for itself ; so try :
  put "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control
Panel/Desktop/WindowMetrics/CaptionHeight" into
tRegKey
  put queryRegistry(tRegKey) into tCaptionHeight
  put abs(tCaptionHeight DIV 15) + 5 into
tWindowTitleHeight

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.