Fun project but fuzzy on logic. "PhoneCALLs"

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sun Sep 21 13:01:01 EDT 2003

I'm not ;-)

Untested, but this would do it I think, trimming the recursion at the
first point where it doesn't match. This assumes that the word list has
a leading return, and the output now has a leading cr instead of a
trailing cr:

local sSolution -- the output results of good words
local sWordList -- the list of good words. must have leading cr

on mouseUp
   put empty into sSolution
   doPerms cr,"2345678"
   put sSolution into fld 1
end mouseUp

on doPerms pString,pPhone
   if pString is not in sWordList then exit doPerms -- pruning here
   if pPhone is empty then
     put pString after sSolution
   else
     put char 1 of pPhone into tChar