Fun project but fuzzy on logic. "PhoneCALLs"

Andy Burns yoy at comcast.net
Sat Sep 20 18:39:00 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com>

> I'm assuming you are not checking that a string of letters are real
> words.

Yes. It might be like a vanity plate on your car.

> The list of possible "words" for a phone number is...
>
> ... simply empty of the phone number is empty.
>
> ... otherwise get the list of all possible words for the phone number
> excluding the first digit and then put the letters for the first digit
> in front of copies and concatenate those for the result.

I see how it has to step down and across each digit (letter in the numberX
variables) to point to each letter in turn through a multitude of loops,
according to the number of letters for each number, but how to write code
that does it is baffling.

I re-plead "dumb-for-a-day"

Wish my girlfriend was here instead!

> Dar Scott