Pros and cons of where to store image data

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Sat Sep 20 08:18:01 EDT 2003

Barry Levine writes:
[snip]
> How would you
> show a movie without a Player object? And once QT loads, why use anything
> else? (Of course, it is possible that I've misinterpreted the docs yet
> again.)
>
> Regards,
> Barry
+++++++++++++++++
Win XP pro, MC 2.5

 From the Message box:

play videoClip "pathAndFilename"

For example,

play videoClip "C:\mananim.avi"
This ran the (MC supplied) AVI in the Home stack, then closed it when
finished.

Similarly, with nothing but a button in a stack, putting the same script in
a MouseUp handler in the button in the stack plays the clip (I think it is
centered) in the stack and closes the clip when it finishes.

Works the same way whether in the IDE or  a built standalone.

miscdas