Breakpoint problem - how to get out of it?

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Fri Sep 19 23:36:00 EDT 2003

Le vendredi, 19 sep 2003, à 09:35 Europe/Brussels, Graham Samuel a
écrit :

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:30:36 -0500, "J. Landman Gay"
> <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Since the IDE doesn't allow one to have two or
>>>  more stacks open with the same name, I can't just copy and paste
>>> objects
>>>  and scripts from the corrupt version to a new file based on an
>>> earlier,
>>>  non-corrupt backup.
>>
>> You can open the corrupt stack and rename it. Then open a newer copy
>> and
>> it won't conflict. You don't even have to save the old copy; it only
>> needs to be renamed in memory.
>
> Well, the corrupt stack is really a file with a lot of stacks in it,
> and because it's corrupt, RR 2.0r2 (the only version that will open it
> at all) tends to go off into some kind of loop at the drop of a hat,
> so the suggested technique is likely to lead to a lot of tedious
> force-quit situations etc. I see the merit of your technique, but I
> would really like to make as few changes to the corrupt stack as is
> humanly possible, and just copy bits out of it hopefully leaving
> corruption behind.
>
> I do think this inability to have two stacks in RAM each called
> 'myStack' or whatever is a weakness of RR. Really there should be more
> robust scope/naming rules, so that the name of every stack should IMO
> be in principle be in a domain defined by the name of the file it's in
> ('myStack' of 'myFile'). Then one could have old and new versions of
> an app in a development environment at the same time. Still, must work
> with what we actually have...

If you have problem with breakpoints, try this :

open your stack from the message box :

answer file "choose your stack"
lock messages
go stack it

then type
set the cRevGeneral["debugObjects"] of this stack to empty

I had a problem with a breakpoint I couldn't remove.
i resolved it so and now it's OK

Greetings.

Yves COPPE
yvescoppe at skynet.be