encryption of stacks- how good?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Thu Sep 18 11:28:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 08:28  AM, xbury.cs at clearstream.com
wrote:

> You can surely make a stack or a macro program run forever until it
> findst
>  he password.
> Take two systems, split the work in two... Take 4... etc...
>
> To make sure your password is not read before 2045, make your password
> very long
> (at least 6 characters - 14 is better ;)) and use ANY character, not
> justl
>  etters and numbers...
>
> You can also use a different password for any other stack... Gosh, the
> combos are endless!
>
> Also, remember it's not garbage in a stack but well ordered info! ;))

Xavier- I believe that the password is not used in the encryption,
based on the sequence of events when the stack is run. So it doesn't
matter how good or how bad the password is, the encryption is the same.
And we have no idea how good or bad the encryption is.

"""It's interesting to note that one can "set the passkey of this stack
to p" in the preOpenStack handler, and it unlocks the stack. I think
this means that the engine is decrypting the stack, reading the script,
compiling it, then finally checking the password. The password is
therefore not used in the encryption. Right?"""

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com