Pros and cons of where to store image data

peter9.smith at ps.ge.com peter9.smith at ps.ge.com
Wed Sep 17 03:15:01 EDT 2003

Thanks for the helpful responses on this.  My potential aim is to do a
simple non-commercial Myst style game.  As you move between the rooms of the
game the game needs to load up the images for the room being moved into, and
unload images for some other room based on a caching algorithm.  My current
thinking is to have each room as its own stack embedding the images into
them.  Room state will be maintained in a central stack.

I don't think I can do this for sounds and movies so they will have to be
external files (you can't have multiple embedded sounds playing?)  I'll need
to find out how one writes Revolution code and distributes such external
file resources with tne built application.

Thanks, Peter Smith.