problems decompressing files

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Sep 12 18:03:02 EDT 2003

>perhaps you are using the "URL" keyword with a file. I haven't used
>"URL", might you have a script with "URL" that I could test?

Hi Robert,

Yes, "@@@@@@@@@@@@@" gives a decompression error from the Menu Box

Yes, I'm using get/put URL

No, I'm not getting decompression errors

I just created a text file with 13 "@"s and compressed/decompressed
it without error using SDB Utilities.

on menuPick thePick
   [snip]
   switch thePick
   case compressFile
       [snip]
       if sourceResource is empty then put
compress(sourceData&dataSuffix) into compressedData
       else put compress(sourceData&sourceResource&dataSuffix) into
compressedData
       [snip]
       put compressedData into URL compressedFile
       [snip]
       break
   case expandFile
       put "binfile:"&it into compressedFile
       put decompress(URL compressedFile) into expandedData
       [snip]
       break
   end switch
end menuPick