Non-English dates

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Fri Sep 12 04:53:22 EDT 2003

Two date questions...

I am trying to manipulate locale-independent dates by using dateItems, system weekdayNames and system monthNames. As I only have an English-based system, could any non-English system users help me out?

[1] Date format convert...

on mouseUp
  put line 6 of the abbrev system monthNames into tMth # or pick a number 1-12
  get (tMth & " 1, 2004") # or pick a year
  convert it to dateItems
  put it &cr& the result # Do you get "invalid date"?
end mouseUp

[2] Weekends...

I understand it is dangerous to assume that line 7 of the system weekdayNames always refers to a Saturday and line 1 always refers to a Sunday.

If this is the case, how do we reliably identify weekend dates?

/H