survey: improving the script editor

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Sep 12 02:35:00 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

As I am planning also a replacement for the RR Script Editor, it would be
nice if some
guidelines or provisions for a plug-in could be made available...

This would reduce the amount of work and possible errors while providing
many more
options for the users.

I've tried the RR editor and Im definitely not as happy as with my own. It
has lots of nice
features compared to the lame MC editor. But I've put in many more...

I've added lots and lots of features (like breakpoints moving along with
your
script editing, line numbers, auto-completion, grep-searching (grep
replace to come),
coloring, superb-indexes for functions, handlers, variables, structures,
etc... Non-transcript
function lookup, Balancing, auto-completion, type-ahead, editable Script
and GUI colors.
To name a few ;)

I've based most of the scripts on MC's engine though. I checked the RR
engine and lots of
changes are due... And if something goes wrong, it would be nice to avoid
the installation
tortures of MC.

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

Xavier Bury