problems decompressing files

Robert Eppich RobertEppich at epsi.bc.ca
Thu Sep 11 23:22:00 EDT 2003

> I think something more is at play here:  I put 13 "@"s in an SDB
> record field, backed up the db--which includes gzip compression, and
> then restored from the (decompressed) backup.  I then add a line of
> approx 30 "*"s with the same (error-free) result.
>
> What are we doing differently?  I ran my tests on a G4 iMac, Mac OS
> 10.2, & RR 2.02.

Mac OS X 10.2.6, Powerbook 500 MHz G3 Pismo, RR 2.1 (RR 1.1.1 was last
version to work properly).

Try this in your message box:
--
put "@@@@@@@@@@@@@" into cmprsThs
put compress(cmprsThs) into cmprsd

If you do not get an error, then it must be the difference between 10.2
and 10.2.6, or G4, or perhaps you are using the "URL" keyword with a
file. I haven't used "URL", might you have a script with "URL" that I
could test?

Robert Eppich
epsi computer systems, inc.