problems decompressing files

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Sep 11 16:09:01 EDT 2003

>I would think encountering 13 identical and contiguous bytes would
>be a very common occurrence

I think something more is at play here:  I put 13 "@"s in an SDB
record field, backed up the db--which includes gzip compression, and
then restored from the (decompressed) backup.  I then add a line of
approx 30 "*"s with the same (error-free) result.

What are we doing differently?  I ran my tests on a G4 iMac, Mac OS
10.2, & RR 2.02.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company