more with Valentina and OS 9

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Thu Sep 11 15:47:00 EDT 2003

I know I'm probably beating this subject to death, but I'm still having
problems.

First of all I was being stupid and thinking that the CODE resource for
Valentina was going to be its own file.  Turns out it was in the resource
fork of the sample stack included with the download.  So I found that and
got it pasted into my stack, but still no go.  I'm still getting the same
message, and I'm really starting to wonder if there's a bug with the Classic
version of Rev.  The reason I say that is because I tried putting the latest
version of the VXCMD in the Rev folder.  When I tried to run Rev, it crashed
with an error of type 1,010.  So then I tried removing the VXCMD from the
Rev folder completely and it crashed with the same error.  When I put the
version of the VXCMD that comes with Rev back in, everything is fine.
Should that happen?  Why would Rev crash if the Valentina external was not
there?

So now I'm not sure if I should report a bug to Rev or to contact
Valentina's tech support.  Anybody else having this problem?

Chris Sheffield
Software Development
Read Naturally
csheffield at readnaturally.com