multiple-word phrases, links

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Thu Sep 11 09:23:00 EDT 2003

Toma,

Here's a bit of code I use to do just that.

repeat for each line tPhrase in thePhrases]
    if matchChunk(fld "MyText", "(" & tPhrase & ")", tStartChar, tEndChar)
then
      set the textStyle of char tStartChar to tEndChar of fld "MyText" to
link
    end if
end repeat

Of course, you only have to use the repeat if you have multiple phrases.
The matchChunk function returns a Boolean true or false if the text is
found.  The parentheses are necessary to match a patter of multiple words.
The beginning and ending characters are stored in whatever variables you
specify, in this case tStartChar and tEndChar.  So then you just use those
in a chunk expression to set your link.

Hope that helps.

Chris Sheffield
Software Development