ANN: Punctuation Invaders Beta

curry curry at pair.com
Thu Sep 11 04:19:02 EDT 2003

Scott Rossi wrote:

>Speaking as nitpicky someone who has an itchy trigger finger from years of
>arcade games, I would say the firing system feels a bit sluggish.  Perhaps
>this is intentional (and perhaps I'm just old) but the delay between shots
>caused a minor bit of frustration when trying to hit the correct location,
>or correct my mistakes.

That is intentional--to require careful shooting and prevent
strafing. Good point, maybe I should consider feedback on the delay
or at least noting it in the directions.

>Also, it wasn't obvious (but perhaps it was in the instructions) that the
>left and right firing buttons had different effects on the words -- maybe it
>would be useful to colorize the laser differently for each type of shot so
>folks like me who ignore directions could "learn by doing".

It's in the directions (and training hints) but also a very good
point, I'll consider doing something to make the direction indicator
more obvious. (Currently a blue triangle beside the beam, and only
shown when pressing one fire button has a different effect than the
other.)

Thanks for trying it and for the good observations!

Best wishes,

Curry