problems decompressing files

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Sep 10 16:19:02 EDT 2003

Chris,

I'm not sure what you're storing that needs to be compressed, but if it
was a string like:

 10011101011111111111111111111111111001

Where there are too many "1"s in a row, couldn't you do something like:

 replace "0" with "0," in tString
 replace "1" with "1," in tString

giving you

1,0,0,1,1,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,
0,1,

That you could then compress and decompress? Then to get back your
"original", you could:

 replace "," with "" in tString

to get you back to:

 10011101011111111111111111111111111001