problems decompressing files

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 10 16:04:03 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 01:31  PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

> I think I found the answer to my own question.  Apparently there's a
> bug
> under OS X where if too many of the same character in a row are
> compressed,
> you can't decompress the file (bug #392 in Bugzilla).  This is not a
> good
> bug.  I'm hoping it'll be fixed in an update very soon.  My
> development kind
> of depends on it.  Anyone found a work around?

Hi Chris,

This could explain my problem trying to use compress/decompress with my
blowfish algorithm. I was able to use base64(encode/decode) with no
troubles. Version Rev 2.0.1; Mac 10.2.4

I'll test by encapsulating smaller parts to be compressed /
decompressed before and after encrypt/decrypt. Maybe this will allow it
to work? If I could compress before encrypt/decrypt then that could
speed things up for larger files. Have you noticed a size limitation
that still works?

Mark