cgi-engine does not run

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Sep 10 01:05:00 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 10:50  PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:

> The read me says I should run the engine from the terminal, but it
> doesn't say how.

Open terminal.app and type

./path/to/revolution -h [RETURN]

You should see some info like this, if revolution thinks your system
libraries are OK.

external startup
MetaCard 2.5G1 Copyright 1992-2001 MetaCard Corporation
... more stuff ...

If instead you see errors, then you are missing X11 and/or dlcompat
libraries.

> The read me also says I should download something from
> "http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/dlcompat/" but that server does
> not exist.

Easier at this point to get the metacard.com engine because it's got
less library dependencies I believe.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com