modal dialogs and Quit problem

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Mon Sep 8 19:27:00 EDT 2003

Thierry,

I can reproduce it with the stacks that have been causing the problem.
I've been eliminating parts of the stacks - sometimes leaving out one
of the three stacks or another of the three. In all cases, so far, I've
been able to reproduce the bug.

However, when taking three small stacks I've created simply to test
this problem, I've been unable to reproduce it. So I must assume that
there's either something corrupted in one (or more) of the stacks, or
I've got some totally unique combination of parts that is bringing this
on.

In any case, the failure of Rev to intercept the Quit selection from
the OSX app menu when in the middle of a modal dialog is the basis of
the problem and, if it were handling this properly, I wouldn't be
having the problem at all.

I'll report back when I have something definitive.

Thanks,
Barry