Disable OSX App's menu? - have to do it; it's another bug

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Sun Sep 7 18:05:01 EDT 2003

Ken,

I've uncovered another bug in the way Rev handles the OSX App menu. If
you execute a script that brings up an "ask" dialog (which is modal, of
course), Rev permits you to select an item from the app menu. If the
user selects "Quit", nothing happens (presumably because you're in the
middle of something modal). You then complete the original handler by
either entering data or canceling. At that point, you can't quit from
the app even if the app brings you to other stacks with their own
shutDownRequest handlers. The shutDownRequest handler never receives
the signal.

This is exactly the opposite problem I encountered two days ago with
the "quit in spite of the handler's presence" problem. So, until this
latest bug is stamped out by Rev, I have to find a way to disable that
menu.

Thanks,
Barry